4.29.2009

Go Phillies!

As I have proclaimed in the past, the first team that I was able to see at HOME for an MLB game, would be "my team," at least temporarily.  Because the first MLB game that I have seen in person was the Phillies, they are now "my team."  I really was thinking that I would see a game in Boston or San Francisco before seeing a game in Philly, but I have to tell you, I'm actually pretty stoked about it.  Not that I'm a huge baseball fan, or anything, but I like sports, and following another sport, even leisurely, will be fun. 
Coincidentally, the Phillies won the World Series last year.  This did not affect my decision to make them "My Team."  Had I visited the Twins in Minnesota, I would have (grudgingly) at least temporarily made them "my team."  (Thank heaven's I visited a COOL team! ;))
The game was awesome.  It rained really hard during the first couple innings.  I'm surprised it wasn't a rain delay.  There was even a little bit of lightning.  Not that it mattered because we were in box seats!
Freaking sweet.
In the end, the Phillies made a rally, but weren't able to pull it off.  They lost the game.  They played the Brewers (who they lost to the next day as well), but have won the following 5 games (with another game tonight).  The one thing I have to be impressed with baseball, is the sheer number of games played.  They play 5-6 games a week (even if the guys that are pitching are rotating).  Impressive.

Well.. Go Phillies!

No comments: