12.24.2008

Florida

We made it to Florida! tHE WEATHER HERE IS awesome! The highs are in the high 70s. Beautiful and warm! The flights worked out just perfect. Both Trisha and I went straight from flight to flight and didn't have to try to make different flights or anything, so that worked out perfect. I got in to Fort Lauderdale at about 9:30 AM on Tuesday (the 23rd).
Damon picked me up from the airport, and had to get some more work done before he could take me home (since it was in the middle of his work day). So, I rode around with Damon in his car until about 6 that evening. It was a long day of sitting on my butt. I got about 2 and a half hours of sleep in his car as he was working, and didn't sleep at all on the plane, so I was pretty tired. When I finally crashed (at around 2 AM), I didn't sleep very well because I was so tired. I also woke up a little congested, so I hope I don't end up with a cold.
We're enjoying being here with Amie and Damon and the boys. We've been chilling and haven't done a whole lot, which has been nice.
I went to lunch yesterday at Boston Market. I haven't been there in years (cuz I think they're out of business in Utah). Pretty good food. Especially their mashed potatoes.
We went to eat dinner at Buca De Beppo, and because my birthday was within the past 7 days, we got a free desert and a 10 dollar off gift card for our next visit. They also did a great job embarrassing me by getting the ENTIRE restaurant to sing happy birthday to me. The food wasn't very good, though. It was quite bland. Oh well.
We ate lunch today at Chili's, and then ate leftovers for dinner while playing The Office board game. That was fun (I won!).
Well, It's quite late, so I better head off to bed pretty soon.

2 comments:

PhilAndGailFamilyBlog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PhilAndGailFamilyBlog said...

I'm glad you got there safe and sound and you are having a good time. I'm envious. We missed you at the Christmas Eve festivities. We had a wonderful time. It has been cold here and we've had about 8 inches of snow in the past few days.